- If you don't already have it, download and install Quicksilver
- Create an applescript file using this code (to do so, copy and paste into a text editor, then save as something like Combine PDFs.scpt)
- Move the script you just created to ~/Library/Application Support/Quicksilver/Actions/
- Save a Word document as PDF
- Highlight the multiple PDF files that are created if the document has multiple layouts
- Invoke Quicksilver (usually Control + Spacebar)
- Command + G to grab the files from Quicksilver
- Tab to the second pane and type "Combine PDFs"
- Press enter
- Quicksilver will re-invoke with the new file
- Tab to the next pane and type "rename"
- Give the file your desired name